Catholicradical: Where Catholic thought is combined with Catholic Action

Quotes from Catholic philosophical and theological leaders from the past and present. Your comments are encouraged!!!

Name:
Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Righteous Wrath

I am reminded of St. Teresa who said, "The devil sends me so offensive a bad spirit of temper that at times I think I could eat people up." I'm glad that she felt that way, too. St. Thomas said there is no sin in having a righteous wrath provided there is no undue desire for revenge.
--Dorothy Day--

1 Comments:

Blogger Moneybags said...

Very interesting. I'm understand that she was saying it is acceptable to be angry at evil and sin, but she clearly states that sin must not be fought with sin. We can be angry at evil without wanting revenge, and in turn, we will fight evil with love.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home